Legal Assistant Job Description:
A high quality administrative support staff member is sought for an exciting, family-oriented start-up law firm in Berryville, VA.
Your Family Legacy Law Firm PLLC is a new concept in the Shenandoah Valley, created to provide modern estate planning solutions to every single Virginian over the age of 18. Our main concept is to treat clients with gentle respect and understanding as they navigate the very sensitive issue of estate planning.
Our Legal Assistant will be the first impression of the firm. Their appearance and demeanor must be warm and welcoming at all times. As the first face of law firm, the Legal Assistant will be able to put clients at ease and quickly establish trust. S/he will be highly organized and detail oriented.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as receptionist for a busy office
· Provide all aspects of responsible legal and administrative support for the managing attorney and any other staff that may later join the firm
· Maintain client databases and files, enter new client data, correspond with clients to coordinate schedules, confirm meetings, follow up as needed by attorneys and staff
· Track and file correspondence
· Track and file metrics related to the business of running a law firm in various spreadsheets
· Maintain attorney calendars, workflow schedule
· Set up speaking engagements and make travel arrangements
· Answer telephones, open/distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
· Light bookkeeping
· Other duties to include, but not be limited to coordinate client meetings, prepare the logistics in the office, confirm appointments, send correspondence, print, scan, file, and compile documents for signature
· Research and interact with vendors, order supplies and maintain the organization of the law firm
· Help the law firm grow and thrive into a successful community business
Resources that will be used: telephone, computer, internet, Microsoft operating system, QuickBooks, Microsoft OneDrive cloud-based storage, printer, scanner, copier, and fax machine.
Supervision: Work is performed under moderate supervision, primarily of the Director. Initiative and independent judgment is expected.
· Knowledge of standard office practices
· Warm customer relationship skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Native-English level language skills: perfect knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
· Ability to use standard office equipment and software, such as the Resources listed above
· Must display a high level of professionalism and warm demeanor and be able to interact positively with clients from varying backgrounds
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills, tact, diplomacy, positive can-do attitude
· Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision including analysis and problem solving as needed
· Must enjoy working with people and be ambitious and hard-working
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
Experience: must have at least five years of experience in a professional environment, preferably a law firm.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please mail resume and salary requirements to Director, Your Family Legacy Law Firm, 20-A East Main Street, Berryville, VA 22611 or email Director@YFLLAWFIRM.com